Port Aransas is known for it’s beautiful presence on a crisp and clear day in the winter. There’s nothing quite like a gorgeous sunset over the Gulf of Mexico; and the pictures that we post hardly do the natural beauty any justice! Yes, it’s not bikini and shorts kind of weather, but it’s much more enjoyable for those who seek quietness and quality time with the ones they are traveling with. Although it’s chilly here, the winter sunsets are something everyone should enjoy at least once a year. The vibrancy of the colors, the crispness of the air, the beach and waves crashing…it really makes you appreciate what you have and how much of it that you do have.
Since most people don’t travel during the winter season down to the coast, you might not know of all the things that you can go and experience without the crowds of the summer and blazing south Texas heat. Surprisingly, this coast has so much to offer for our winter guests that you wouldn’t not have a good time! From Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, North Padre Island, Aransas Pass and the Rockport/Fulton area as well as Ingleside, there are tons of things to do, see and attend. And to be co centrally located to all of these places at the Sandpiper, you can’t go wrong. Port Aransas and North Padre Island have tons of dining, shopping, beaching, birding, 2 National Parks and even designated birding centers. If you want to escape the house for a few days now is the time!
1. Always check the weather! Call us and we can tell you our local forecast! (361) 749-6251. Even though rainy days are still fabulous here at the Sandpiper we, of course would want you to enjoy our sunshine too! However in the event that you are down here during some not so pleasant weather, our property has plenty of things to entertain!
- We have a medium sized library in our beautiful lobby with Farmers Brothers coffee brewed at our coffee bar.
- The lobby has multi-levels so you can still experience privacy that might be desired. Each level is equipped with comfortable seating arrangements.
- Ping pong equipment at the front desk with 2 tables as well as 2 shuffleboards courts down in the lanai.
- Broad movie/DVD selection at the front desk.
- Several board games at the front desk also!
2. Make sure you bring binoculars and/or a camera! You won’t want to miss our nature’s moments and with so many places around to go and watch these lovely creatures. Please ask us where you can go if you are unfamiliar with the area and we will point you in the right directions. You can ask for English Allbritton, our General Manager, or Magen Storrie, our Social Media Manager. Email us at email@example.com and Magen will respond to you.
3. Check our website for current events! Our Island Matter’s Newsletter comes out the first of the month and lists all of the events going on for that month. It’s one thing to come and relax but you may find some very interesting ways to connect with our culture and experience the best of memories just doing something different for a change. From the local Port Aransas Community Theatre plays to guided nature walks with a Park representative and Christmas parades, we assure you that you will enjoy our little town just as much we do.
Thanks for checking in and reading our 3 tips to enjoying your winter Port Aransas beach vacation! Scroll through our pages and condos to see more of our property as well as check availability and pricing. If you want to call, dial (361) 749-6251. Happy Holidays!